Welcome!

Let me know your thoughts on any of the 3 topics in the title, or answer the question of the day.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

When the Unthinkable Happens

           The thing that your mind refuses to imagine ever happening to you. Or, worse, your mind imagines it ALL the time! What do you do when it actually happens? Do you freak? Scream? Cry? All of the above?
           That thing happened to a friend of mine yesterday. She went to do some chores at her mom's house and found her mother, gone from earth. 

           It's one of those things that we  fear and at the same time don't want to imagine. If you live with an elderly parent or live close, this might be your biggest fear. It is mine. When my mom comes to visit, I am constantly imagining I'll find her gone when I get home from work or in the morning when I go to wake her.

            God tells us not to fear. When I take myself down from the edge and really think about God's promises, I realize that if she were to go when she is with me, she was with people who loved her. (She lives in a nursing home.) So it is the perfect place for her to meet God. 
              


              It's then that I realize the fear is not for her, it's about me. About how I am going to feel when I find her gone. How that event will change me. I'm afraid I won't represent Christ with my actions and feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment