Welcome!

Let me know your thoughts on any of the 3 topics in the title, or answer the question of the day.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Change
      I'm not a fan of change. When I was 15 years old my mother bought a microwave. They were relatively new things at the time. For several months I refused to use the microwave. I preferred the oven. It had been just fine for us for my whole life. I still prefer the oven. Though I will use the microwave if the job warrants it! 
       Teachers are very familiar with change. Every year things change. Often, things change mid-year. Teachers retire, change schools, move grades, and some even change careers. Every year I think ahead to what it might be like next year with that teacher gone or that other teacher in a different grade. 
       It's easy to begin to worry about next year. What if the new teacher is not so good? What if they are not a team player? What if a teacher was a fantastic 5th grade teacher and they are awful at teaching 3rd grade? 
        Or, I could think of it as an opportunity to start fresh. To meet a new friend. I could think of it as God putting someone new in my world for me to share Christ. It's kind of a glass half full thing. 
        How do I choose to face the new, different, and unwanted change? 

No comments:

Post a Comment