Welcome!

Let me know your thoughts on any of the 3 topics in the title, or answer the question of the day.

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Grace and Love

     There is a little first grader at my school that I adore! He isn't the most well behaved child. He may well be the cutest kid, though. English is his second language. He often says things that make me smile. 
     Often times he is the reason his teacher has more gray hairs today than yesterday. He is impulsive. He has a very strict code of what is right and wrong- based solely upon whether it is good for him! He cracks me up! 
      I've had this green dinosaur for about 2 months that my little friend loves! I have waffled back and forth about whether I should give it to him on the last day of school. Yesterday, my friend got into my treasure box without permission and I seriously thought about not giving the dinosaur to him at all. When I was making my husband's lunch this morning I decided I would give it to my friend. I wasn't giving it to him because he has been so good and followed my rules. I want to give it to him because I love him. I want him to be happy. I want him to know he is loved even though he isn't always perfect. 
       A few minutes after I made this decision, I began my devotional from Girlfriends in God. Would you believe it was about how God loves us even though we constantly mess up? That He offered His Son to suffer my punishment of death in order that I could be free? God is so completely awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment