Welcome!

Let me know your thoughts on any of the 3 topics in the title, or answer the question of the day.

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Retirement 

    The ideal scenario of how retirement would look ran through my head for close to a year before retirement actually became reality. In my mind retirement had two scenes. The first would be me lying on the couch reading a book ALL DAY LONG! The second would be me in my large and organized sewing room making all kinds of crafts and bags and quilts. 

     Then there is the reality of how retirement really looks. I read, but mostly during the night; late, late night. I sew, but mostly in a frenzy meeting a deadline I may or may not have set for myself. What I do in retirement is extremely rewarding in a very different way. It's not about me and what I envisioned my retirement life to be three years ago. It's about creating a place of love, creativity, and fun my grandkids can enjoy. I most often am awake by 8:15 AM. My grandkids are often at my house by 9:00 AM. I spend the days taking them around town for appointments. Putting them in the bathtub to wash off the sand from the sand box. Pushing them in the tree swing for what seems like hours. Finding something in the refrigerator they will eat that isn't terrible for their body. Listening to their arguments without intervening so they learn to resolve conflict on their own. Admiring their accomplishments and creations with genuine appreciation. My days are full of love and giggles, and complete joy  that I have the time to enjoy my babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment